I am so excited! I have discovered the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints indexing. I am entering records from the 1910 census to digital copy. It is completely voluntary and you do not need to be a member. It is so much fun to see into the past. I hope someday to find names of my family members.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

MARINE RANKS
ABBREVIATION TITLE
1STLT FIRST LIEUTENANT
1STSGT FIRST SERGEANT
2NDLT SECOND LIEUTENANT
BGEN BRIGADIER GENERAL
CAPT CAPTAIN
COL COLONEL
CPL CORPORAL
CW2 CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 2
CW3 CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 3
CW4 CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 4
CW5 CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER 5
GEN GENERAL
GYSGT GUNNERY SERGEANT
LCPL LANCE CORPORAL
LTCOL LIEUTENANT COLONEL
LTGEN LIEUTENANT GENERAL
MAJ MAJOR
MAJGEN MAJOR GENERAL
MGYSGT MASTER GUNERY SERGEANT
MSGT MASTER SERGEANT
PFC PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
PVT PRIVATE
SGT SERGEANT
SGTMAJ SERGEANT MAJOR
SGTMAJMARCOR SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS
SSGT STAFF SERGEANT
W01 WARRANT OFFICER 1

No comments:

Post a Comment